From Utkarsh Gupta <Utkarsh_Gu...@infosys.com>
Subject Limitation of key-value pairs for a particular key.
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:41:40 GMT
Hi,

I am using Apache Hadoop 1.0.4 on a 10 node cluster of commodity machines with Ubuntu 12.04
Server edition. I am having a issue with my map reduce code. While debugging I found that
the reducer can take 262145 values for a particular key. If more values are there, they seem
to be corrupted. I checked the values while emitting from map and again checked in reducer.
I am wondering is there any such kind of limitation in the Hadoop or is it a configuration
problem.

Thanks and Regards
Utkarsh Gupta

Infosys e-mail system.