From "Sean Hudson" <sean.hud...@ostiasolutions.com>
Subject Re: Problems
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:00:45 GMT
Leo,
        I downloaded the suggested 1.6.0_32 Java version to my home
directory, but I am still experiencing the same problem (See error below).
The only thing that I have set in my hadoop-env.sh file is the JAVA_HOME
environment variable. I have also tried it with the Java directory added to
PATH.

export JAVA_HOME=/home/shu/jre1.6.0_32
export PATH=$PATH:/home/shu/jre1.6.0_32

Every other environment variable is defaulted.

Just to clarify, I have tried this in Local Standalone mode and also in
Pseudo-Distributed Mode with the same result.

Frustrating to say the least,

Sean Hudson

shu@meath-nua:~/hadoop-1.0.4> bin/hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.0.4.jar grep
input output 'dfs[a-z.]+'
#
#
#  SIGFPE (0x8) at pc=0xb7fc51fb, pid=23112, tid=3075554208
#
# JRE version: 6.0_32-b05
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.7-b02 mixed mode, sharing
linux-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ld-linux.so.2+0x91fb]  double+0xab
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/shu/hadoop-1.0.4/hs_err_pid23112.log
#
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Aborted