From Glen Mazza <gma...@talend.com>
Subject Re: Instructions on how to run Apache Hadoop 2.0.2-alpha?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:30:30 GMT
OK, looking at the Hadoop branches:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/ and tags:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/tags/, it's thankfully not
that bad.
There is no 0.24 in Hadoop, and the Maven pom files for the 2.0.2-alpha
branch indeed say 2.0.2-alpha.  The Cloudera article linked to below
mentions 0.24, but it's from 2011 and may have been at a time before the
Hadoop team decided to relabel to 2.0 instead.  Looking at this again:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.0.2-alpha/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/SingleCluster.html,

it appears to provide workable instructions, I'll try again with it.
Thanks for your assistance.

Glen