From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject TupleWritable Format
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 10:27:29 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to write the my input file which is in Text format to TupleWritable but when I collect
the output using "output.collect(<intWritable>, <TupleWritable>)" its giving me
empty tuple.

private final static IntWritable one = new IntWritable(1);

public void map(LongWritable key, Text value,   OutputCollector<IntWritable, TupleWritable>
output, Reporter reporter)throws IOException {
                                                                IntWritable i = new IntWritable();
                                                                int k = Integer.parseInt(key.toString());
                                                                i.set(k);
                                                                TupleWritable tuple = new
TupleWritable(new Writable[] { one });
                                                                output.collect(i, tuple);

                                }

Output:
<Key>   []
<Key>   []

How can I populate the Tuple with desired values ?

Regards
Stuti Awasthi

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.