From bejoy.had...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Writing a sequence file
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:04:24 GMT
Hi Peter

Did you ensure that using SequenceFileOutputFormat from the right package?

Based on the API you are using, mapred or mapreduce you need to use the OutputFormat from
the corresponding package.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Cogan <peter.cogan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 15:50:04
To: <user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Writing a sequence file

Hi,

I am trying to get my reducer to produce a sequence file using the command

job.setOutputFormatClass(SequenceFileOutputFormat.class);

However, I am getting an error in eclipse as follows:

The method setOutputFormatClass(Class<? extends OutputFormat>) in the type
Job is not applicable for the arguments (Class<SequenceFileOutputFormat>)

I'm really confused!

Any help much appreciated!

thanks

Peter