From "Artem Ervits" <are9...@nyp.org>
Subject Hadoop throughput question
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 22:00:23 GMT
Hello all,

I'd like to pick the community brain on average throughput speeds for a moderately specced
4-node Hadoop cluster with 1GigE networking. Is it reasonable to expect constant average speeds
of 150-200mb/sec on such setup? Forgive me if the question is loaded but we're Hadoop cluster
with HDFS served via EMC Isilon storage. We're getting about 30mb/sec with our machines and
we do not see a difference in job speed between 2 node cluster and 4 node cluster.

Thank you.