From Arpit Gupta <ar...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: WEBHDFS API GETCONTENTSUMMARY issue
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 23:55:58 GMT
Rodrigo

GETCONTENTSUMMARY will return the summary of everything under the path you specified, even
the subdirectories. So i would suggest take a look in the directories and see what content
they have and then the numbers should add up.

--
Arpit Gupta
Hortonworks Inc.

On Jan 10, 2013, at 6:59 AM, "Pastrana, Rodrigo (RIS-BCT)" <Rodrigo.Pastrana@lexisnexis.com>
wrote:

> I’m using WEBHDFS to query directory/file information, but the GETCONTENTSUMMARY counts
aren’t returning expected counts.

> [...]
>
> But looking at the content of that dir through the web portal, I see 6 files and 3 subdirs:
>
> accounts
> file
> 812.93 MB
> 1
> 64 MB
> 2012-12-12 10:59
> rw-r--r--
> hadoop
> supergroup
> accounts2
> file
> 812.93 MB
> 1
> 64 MB
> 2012-07-31 16:48
> rw-r--r--
> hadoop
> supergroup
> accounts2-parts
> dir
> 2012-08-17 15:34
> rwxr-xr-x
> hadoop
> supergroup
> persons
> file
> 124.38 MB
> 1
> 64 MB
> 2012-07-11 13:19
> rw-r--r--
> hadoop
> supergroup
> persons-parts
> dir
> 2012-12-12 10:35
> rwxr-xr-x
> hadoop
> supergroup
> persons2
> file
> 124.38 MB
> 1
> 64 MB
> 2012-07-20 13:53
> rw-r--r--
> hadoop
> supergroup
> persons3
> file
> 124.38 MB
> 1
> 64 MB
> 2012-12-12 10:53
> rw-r--r--
> hadoop
> supergroup
> short-accounts
> file
> 59.88 MB
> 1
> 64 MB
> 2012-12-06 12:26
> rw-r--r--
> hadoop
> supergroup
> short-accounts-parts
> dir
> 2012-12-06 15:00
> rwxr-xr-x
> hadoop
> supergroup
>
> Can anybody help make sense of the summary numbers?
>

> Thanks, Rodrigo.
>

> The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be an attorney-client communication
and/or work product and as such is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the