From Viral Bajaria <viral.baja...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: I would like to report a bug
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:17:39 GMT
I don't think this is the right list for your query. Moving hadoop list
to bcc and cc'ing hive list.

Also I don't get how you can get unix timestamp from a field with just
hour granularity, are you missing the date information in your date
format ?

Viral
From: Carolina Vizuete Martinez
Sent: 1/15/2013 1:38 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: I would like to report a bug

Hi, I would like to report a bug .
I get negative value of function unix_timestamp.

I want to get a duration of format HH:mm:ss

     unix_timestamp(duration,'HH:mm:ss')

When I test it backwards ,it works , I get my duration in a well format
with correct values. This:

     from_unixtime( unix_timestamp(duration,'HH:mm:ss'))

But anyway , I can not get unixtimestamp in seconds.

Thanks