From Nan Zhu <zhunans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fair Scheduler question: Fair share and its effect on max capacity
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 23:18:13 GMT
You set maxMaps to 200,

so the maximum running mappers should be no more than 200

Best,

--
Nan Zhu
School of Computer Science,

On Thursday, 8 November, 2012 at 6:12 PM, Matt Goeke wrote:

> Pretty straight forward question but can the fair share factor actually impact the total
number of jobs / slots a pool can take up even if it is the only pool with active jobs submitted?

> We currently have a pool that has this configuration:
> "minMaps": 2,
> "minReduces": 1,
> "maxMaps": 200,
> "maxReduces": 66,
> "maxRunningJobs": 200,
> "minSharePreemptionTimeout": 300,
> "weight": "4.0"
>
> The total cluster capacity is over above 250 mappers but we are finding that this pool
is never able to hit that max capacity for maps OR jobs even during load tests. I was about
to bump the minMaps property but I wanted to confirm that this could potentially help alleviate
our issue.