From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Could I authenticate hadoop manually using kerberos
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:06:59 GMT
If the cluster is secured, it will demand kerberos credentials. There
is no way to bypass this requirement (and it wouldn't make sense to
allow such a thing either).

If you do have a keytab file, and are wishing to automate the login by
knowing the keytab path, you can use the SecurityUtil.login(…) API:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/security/SecurityUtil.html#login(org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration,%20java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)

--
Harsh J