From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop cluster configuration
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:21:51 GMT
Hello Michael,

 You can use any port of your choice. But I would suggest not to use 50030
or 50070 as they are the default ports for Hdfs and MR webUI. Also, if you
are planning to create a distributed cluster (4 nodes as specified by you),
do not use localhost anywhere. Instead use appropriate hostnames. Make sure
you do not have any DNS resolution issue. It could really become a pain.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq