From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject RE: hadoop current properties
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:46:22 GMT
Many thanks.

Both suggestions worked well.

<ip-address>:port/conf - displayed all of the conf

Running $hadoop getcong -confKey <property> would tell me if changed property was picked
up by the system.

Thanks!

p.s. where is the below property set, in the mapred-site.xml on the JT?
I currently have it as:
<name>mapred.task.tracker.report.address</name>
<value>127.0.0.1:0</value>
and wondering whether it is responsible for some of my broken webUI links.

AK
-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:43 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: hadoop current properties

Hi Andy,

Sorry but I do not have a straight answer to this. Mostly, the division is between clients
and servers. Which one were you asking for?

Higher versions of Hadoop have, for HDFS alone, a getconf method:

$ hdfs getconf <KEY>

All versions of Hadoop let you load and dump a Configuration object XML, which is helpful
in seeing what form of core-site.xml values has it loaded from the classpath (or not):

$ hadoop org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration

Almost all versions of hadoop let you visit a daemon's loaded config page, that represents
the config object the daemon is running with,
currently:

Visit http://DAEMONHOST:PORT/conf (http://namenode:50070/conf for example at the NN)

For job set information, the info Serge has passed earlier here is correct.

--
Harsh J