From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject RE: a question on MapReduce
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:04:09 GMT
Hehe,... good to know. Thanks.

From: Mohammad Tariq [mailto:dontariq@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 9:50 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: a question on MapReduce

Hello Andy,

  Reduce phase starts only once the Map phase is 100% complete. The reduce progress you see
actually signifies other intermediate processes like shuffle and sort. Don't get confused
with it like I did initially :)

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM, Kartashov, Andy <Andy.Kartashov@mpac.ca<mailto:Andy.Kartashov@mpac.ca>>