From "Kartashov, Andy" <Andy.Kartas...@mpac.ca>
Subject a few questions
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:13:35 GMT
Guys,

A few questions please.

1. When I tried to run Oozie examples I was told to copy to copy /examples folder into HDFS.
However when I tried to run oozie job I was told that the source file was not found. Well,
until I cd'ed into the local directory on Linux and re-run the job successfully.
What was the point copying the examples into HDFS if they are started from local Linux FS.
This opens up a similar question. When I create my jobs I run .jar file from local FS and
not from HDFS.  I have though that was the way. Can you actually tell hadoop where to run
the MR job from: local or HDFS?

2. I noticed that Linux created group "hadoop" and adds hdfs/mapreduce user to it after the
installation. However, inside HDFS the group is called "supergroup". Can someone elaborate
on that?

Thanks,
AK47
the environment before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le présent courriel et toute pièce jointe
qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, protégés par le droit d'auteur et peuvent être couverts
par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation, copie ou divulgation non autorisée est interdite.
Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez immédiatement
l'expéditeur. Veuillez penser à l'environnement avant d'imprimer le présent courriel