From "rongshen.long" <rongshen.l...@baifendian.com>
Subject Re: Re: feel puzzled at HDFS group permissions check
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:53:15 GMT
Jagat Singh:
Thanks for your help, I create the same groups and users in namenode as the clients , it works!

2012-11-08

rongshen.long

发件人:Jagat Singh
发送时间:2012-11-08 16:09
主题:Re: feel puzzled at HDFS group permissions check
收件人:"user"<user@hadoop.apache.org>
抄送:

What are your groups and users in Namenode and JT

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM, rongshen.long <rongshen.long@baifendian.com> wrote:

hi,
I set the mode of a directory on hdfs to 'rwxrwx---' ,however, I was denied to access the
directory by dfs shell as a user in the same group . Did I make a mistake?

[raw@hadoop-test-3 ~]$ hadoop fs -ls /user/query
ls: could not get get listing for 'hdfs://192.168.32.23:8020/user/query' : org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException:
Permission denied: user=raw, access=READ_EXECUTE, inode="query":query:raw:rwxrwx---
[raw@hadoop-test-3 ~]$ bash -c groups
raw

2012-11-08

rongshen.long