From Dave Shine <Dave.Sh...@channelintelligence.com>
Subject Task Attempt Failed
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 12:28:01 GMT
I'm starting to see the following error show up, but I don't know what it is trying to tell
me.  Does anyone know what this error means?

12/10/08 03:13:12 INFO mapred.JobClient: Task Id : attempt_201209281640_6895_m_007292_0, Status
: FAILED
java.lang.Throwable: Child Error
                at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:242)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 126.
                at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:229)

The task is able to complete on the next attempt, so the job does not fail.  But, the job
takes a couple of hours when I don't see this message, longer when I do.  And I need to get
this job to complete faster if possible.

I'm running CDH3U3.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave Shine
Sr. Software Engineer
321.939.5093 direct |  407.314.0122 mobile

[cid:image001.png@01CDA52E.CE30DD80]
CI Boost(tm) Clients  Outperform Online(tm)  www.ciboost.com<http://www.ciboost.com/>
facebook platform | where-to-buy | product search engines | shopping engines

The information contained in this email message is considered confidential and proprietary
to the sender and is intended solely for review and use by the named recipient. Any unauthorized
review, use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.