From Narayanan K <knarayana...@gmail.com>
Subject Disable setup and cleanup tasks during MR - Hadoop 1.0.2
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2012 07:02:40 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run a Hadoop job which does not require setup and cleanup
tasks to be done as part of the Mapreduce.

My version of Hadoop is *Hadoop 1.0.2.2*

I tried using
conf.setBoolean("mapreduce.job.committer.task.cleanup.needed", false);

But inspite of the above configuration property, I still see the setup and
cleanup tasks running at the start and end respectively, each taking 4
seconds.

Could you please let me know how I can disable setup and cleanup tasks
while running my mapreduce job in Hadoop 1.0.2 ?

Thanks in advance,
Narayanan