From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: IBM big insights distribution
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:49:31 GMT
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:24 AM, Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Why is it that when anyone asks a question about IBM Tom wants to take it
> off line?
>
> Not very social.

Well, giving the mesquite broiling that anyone gets if they even mention
any product competitive with certain Hadoop distributions, I tend to do
that as well.  I have even gotten private threatening emails telling me not
to attend public Apache events.

Not social.  Check.  Doesn't help the group find out about alternatives.
 Check.

But it lowers the temperature on my side of the keyboard to not mention
MapR in public.  I imagine that Tom feels much the same way.