From Pankaj Misra <pankaj.mi...@impetus.co.in>
Subject HBase Avro Client
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 04:02:11 GMT
Hi All,

I have been trying to find some help around building an Avro client for HBase, but was not
able to find much help, as most of the articles were discussing stand-alone avro as a in-memory
data format and serialization engine.

I was able to successfully start the avro server with
$bin/hbase avro start

The server starts up without any problems and runs on a port. Now I want to build an avro
hbase client to describe table, column families and to write data into habase using this avro
client.

I intend to build this client in Java and my hbase version is 0.94.1. I could also see java
avro-tools jar version 1.7.1 in avro downloads. Do I need to use this for building my client.
Some clues around this would be very helpful. Thanks.

Thanks and Regards
Pankaj Misra

_

Impetus Ranked in the Top 50 India’s Best Companies to Work For 2012.

Impetus webcast ‘Designing a Test Automation Framework for Multi-vendor Interoperable Systems’
available at http://lf1.me/0E/.

or interference.