From Siddharth Tiwari <siddharth.tiw...@live.com>
Subject RE: namenode not starting
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:41:18 GMT

Hi Abhay,

I totaly conform with Bejoy. Can you paste your mapred-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml content
here ?

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

> From: lleung@ddn.com
> To: user@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: RE: namenode not starting
> Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:38:01 +0000
>
> Abhay,
>   Sounds like your namenode cannot find the metadata information it needs to start (the
<path>/current | image | *checppints etc)

>   Basically, if you cannot locate that data locally or on your NFS Server,  your cluster
is busted.

>   But, let's us be optimistic about this.
>
>  There is a chance that your NFS Server is down or the path mounted is lost.
>
>   If it is NFS mounted (as you suggested) check that your host still have that path mounted.
(from the proper NFS Server)
>   ( [shell] mount ) can tell.
>   * obviously if you originally mounted from foo:/mydata  and now do bar:/mydata /
 you'll need to do some digging to find which NFS server it was writing to before.

>  Failing to locate your namenode metadata (locally or on any of your NFS Server)  either
because the NFS Server decided to become a blackhole, or some<one|thing> removed it.