From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Extension points available for data locality
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 09:39:44 GMT
Tharindu,

(Am assuming you've done enough research to know that there's benefit
in what you're attempting to do.)

Locality of tasks are determined by the job's InputFormat class.
Specifically, the locality information returned by the InputSplit
objects via InputFormat#getSplits(…) API is what the MR scheduler
looks at when trying to launch data local tasks.

You can tweak your InputFormat (the one that uses this DB as input?)
to return relevant locations based on your "DB Cluster", in order to
achieve this.

--
Harsh J