From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Is there a way to turn off MAPREDUCE-2415?
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:44:25 GMT
Hi Koert,

To answer on point, there is no turning off this feature.

Since you don't seem to care much for logs from tasks persisting,
perhaps consider lowering the mapred.userlog.retain.hours to a lower
value than 24 hours (such as 1h)? Or you may even limit the logging
from each task to a certain amount of KB via mapred.userlog.limit.kb,
which is unlimited by default.

Would either of these work for you?

--
Harsh J