From Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>
Subject Is there a way to turn off MAPREDUCE-2415?
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2012 17:32:21 GMT
We have smaller nodes (4 to 6 disks), and we used to write logs to the same
disk as where the OS is. So if that disks goes then i don't really care
about tasktrackers failing. Also, the fact that logs were written to a
single partition meant that i could make sure they would not grow too large
in case someone had too verbose logging on a large job. With MAPREDUCE-2415
a job that does massive amount of logging can fill up all the
mapred.local.dir, which in our case are on the same partition as the hdfs
data dirs, so now faulty logging can fill up hdfs storage, which i really
don't like. Any ideas?