From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Reading fields from a Text line
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 20:24:32 GMT
Hello list,

       I have a flat file in which data is stored as lines of 107
bytes each. I need to skip the first 8 lines(as they don't contain any
valuable info). Thereafter, I have to read each line and extract the
information from them, but not the line as a whole. Each line is
composed of several fields without any delimiter between them. For
example, the first field is of 8 bytes, second of 2 bytes and so on. I
was trying to reach each line as a Text value, convert it into string
and using String.subring() method to extract the value of each field.
But it seems I am not doing  things in correct way. Need some
guidance. Many thanks.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq