From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: How to change name node storage directory?
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 06:28:57 GMT
Manoj,

If you change your dfs.name.dir (Which is the right property for
0.20.x/1.x) or dfs.namenode.name.dir (Which is the right property for
0.23/2.x) completely to a different directory, you will need to move
the contents of the original, older name-directory to the new one to
preserve data, or if you wish to start again from scratch, you'll need
to run a format of the NameNode and scrub your DataNode directories
clean.

--
Harsh J