From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: suggest Best way to upload xml files to HDFS
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 06:14:15 GMT
If you're looking at automated file/record/event collection, take a
look at Apache Flume: http://incubator.apache.org/flume/. It does well
for distributed collections as well and is very configurable.

Otherwise, write a scheduled script to do the uploads every X period
(your choice). Consider using
https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/filecrush or similar tools too, if
your files are much small and getting in the way of MR processing.

--
Harsh J