From Manoj Babu <manoj...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use CombineFileInputFormat in Hadoop?
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:03:36 GMT
Gentles,

I want to use the CombineFileInputFormat of Hadoop 0.20.0 / 0.20.2 such
that it processes 1 file per record and also doesn't compromise on data -
locality (which it normally takes care of).

It is mentioned in Tom White's Hadoop Definitive Guide but he has not shown
how to do it. Instead, he moves on to Sequence Files.

I am pretty confused on what is the meaning of processed variable in a
record reader. Any code example would be of tremendous help.

Thanks in advance..
Cheers!
Manoj.