From "Connell, Chuck" <Chuck.Conn...@nuance.com>
Subject Extra output files from mapper ?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:48:26 GMT
I am using MapReduce streaming with Python code. It works fine, for basic for stdin and stdout.

But I have a mapper-only application that also emits some other output files. So in addition
to stdout, the program also creates files named output1.txt and output2.txt. My code seems
to be running correctly, and I suspect the proper output files are being created somewhere,
but I cannot find them after the job finishes.

I tried using the -files option to create a link to the location I want the file, but no luck.
I tried using some of the -jobconf options to change the various working directories, but
no luck.

Thank you.

Chuck Connell
Nuance R&D Data Team