From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Reducer - getMapOutput
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 17:45:08 GMT
Hey Robert,

 Can you pls share what you are trying to do?

Arun

On Jul 30, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Grandl Robert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to modify the code for data transfer of intermediate output.
>
> In this respect, on the reduce side in getMapOuput I want to have the connection with
the TaskTracker(setupSecureConnection), but then on doGet the TaskTracker to be able to delay
the response back to the client. I tried with Thread.sleep(time), before setting up the response.setHeader(FROM_MAP_TASK,
mapId) and the subsequent headers/content. But it seems the reducer will continue to read
the headers immediately and get NULL.

> Do you know how can I do the reducer to wait for TaskTracker to update this information
before reading it. I tried with a while loop and reading the connection.getHeaderField(...)
till not null but seems it always remains in the loop :(.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.