From <ramon....@accenture.com>
Subject RE: How to connect to a cluster by using eclipse
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:48:48 GMT
Jason,

  the easiest way to debug a MapRedupe program with eclipse is working on hadoop local. http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.2/quickstart.html#Local
In this mode all the components run locally on the same VM and can be easily debugged using
Eclipse.
Hope this will be useful.

From: Jason Yang [mailto:lin.yang.jason@gmail.com]
Sent: miƩrcoles, 04 de julio de 2012 11:25
To: mapreduce-user
Subject: How to connect to a cluster by using eclipse

Hi, all

I have a hadoop cluster with 3 nodes, the network topology is like this:
1. For each DataNode, its IP address is like :192.168.0.XXX;
2. For the NameNode, it has two network cards: one is connect with the DataNodes as a local
LAN with IP address 192.168.0.110, while the other one is connect to the company network(which
eventually connect to the Internet);
--
now I'm trying to debug a MapReduce program on a computer which is in the company network.
Since the jobtracker in this scenario is 192.168.0.110:9001<http://192.168.0.110:9001>,

--
YANG, Lin

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone
calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of
security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

www.accenture.com