From Sid Kumar <sqlsid...@gmail.com>
Subject override mapred-site.xml from command line
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 22:41:02 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to override mapred-site.xml (more specifically
mapred.compress.map.output
and mapred.output.compression.
codec) from the command line when I
execute the jar.
I have been using hadoop jar <jarname> <class> -
Dmapred.compress.map.output=true and
-Dmapred.output.compression.codec=org.apache.hadoop.io.SnappyCodec

The above doesnt work as the job.xml for the jar still uses the default
properties and not the one i specify here. Is there a different approach to
override these properties. I am submitting jobs from a client machine that
has the same version of configuration files as my cluster.

Thanks

Sid