From Sherif Akoush <sherif.ako...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop yarn tasklevel logging with log4j
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:23:18 GMT
Hi,

I have been trying to setup up Hadoop logging at the task level but
with no success so far. I have modified log4j.properties and set many
parameters to DEBUG level
(log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Task=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask=DEBUG
log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask=DEBUG

and log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop = DEBUG )

but I cant see any LOG.info or LOG.debug messages from the tasks being
recorded. This is with yarn being enabled.

I am not sure what I have missed in the configurations to make it work
properly. I think I should eventually get these messages in the
nodemanager.out log file?

Thanks in advance,

Sherif