From swathi v <swatz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whats the difference?
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 06:48:03 GMT
Hi Girish,

The new release of Hadoop, has org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.* package
structure
and the old API has org.apache.hadoop.mapred.* package structure.
The new API is designed so that it can evolve in future, the design
being abstract classes over interfaces, making use of Context objects.

The difference is that old API  has a special JobConf object for job
configuration, which is an extension of Hadoop’s vanilla Configuration
object. However, in the new API,  job configuration is done directly
through Configuration.

Thank You.

--
- Regards,