From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@darose.net>
Subject Re: Out of memory (heap space) errors on job tracker
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:22:58 GMT
On 06/10/2012 08:39 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
> Harsh - I'd be inclined to think it's worse than just setting mapreduce.jobtracker.completeuserjobs.maximum
- the only case this would solve is if a single user submitted 25 *large* jobs (in terms of
tasks) over a single 24-hr window.

That's actually the situation we have - one user, submitting multiple
jobs, each with several thousand map steps.

I'll give that setting a shot and see if it clears it up.

Thanks,

DR