From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/app/MRAppMaste
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:07:57 GMT
Hi Subroto,

    It will not use yarn-env.sh for launching the application master. NM uses the environment
set by the client for launching application master.  Can you set the environment variables
in /etc/profile or update the yarn application classpath with the absolute paths.

Thanks

Devaraj

________________________________
From: Subroto [ssanyal@datameer.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2012 2:25 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/v2/app/MRAppMaste

Hi Deva,

Thanks for your response.
The file etc/hadoop/yarn-env.sh has the following entries:
export HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
export HADOOP_COMMON_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
export HADOOP_HDFS_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
export YARN_HOME=/usr/local/hadoop
export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/usr/local/hadoop/etc/hadoop
export YARN_CONF_DIR=$HADOOP_CONF_DIR

Is it expected to have these variables in profile file of the Linux user??

I am not using Windows client. My client is running on Mac and the cluster is running on Linux
versions.

Cheers,
Subroto Sanyal