From Marek Miglinski <mmiglin...@seven.com>
Subject snappy codec
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:54:59 GMT
Hi,

I have a Clouderas CDH3u3 installed on my cluster and mapred.child.env set to "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/hadoop-0.20/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64"
(with libsnappy.so in the folder) in mapred-site.xml. Cloudera says that Snappy is included
in their hadoop-0.20-native package and it is also installed on each of the nodes.

But when I run a mapreduce task with "mapred.map.output.compression.codec" set to "org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec"
I get an exception:

java.lang.RuntimeException: native snappy library not available

Any idea why?

Thanks,
Marek M.