From Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com>
Subject Good learning resources for 0.23?
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 22:18:57 GMT
I have already preordered the third edition of Tom's book (obviously, I don't have it yet since
it won't be published until the end of the month), but aside from that, I'm looking for good
resources for learning how to program to the .23 API.  I have found several websites and articles
that discuss the philosophical differences between .20 and .23 but I'm looking for teaching/learning
resources for getting into the guts and actually programming the thing.  I'm pretty competent
at .20 so I'm not looking for starter-level hadoop stuff.  Rather, I'm looking for transitional
resources to learn the specifics of the new design.

Any ideas?  How are people vetted on the older versions of hadoop learning the way of the
YARN?

Thanks.

"And what if we picked the wrong religion?  Every week, we're just making God
madder and madder!"
                                           --  Homer Simpson