From Kevin <kevin.macksa...@gmail.com>
Subject MapReduce jobs remotely
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 18:41:09 GMT
Hi,

I have a cluster running YARN, and mapreduce jobs run as expected when they
are executed from one of the nodes. However, when I run Pig scripts from a
remote client, Pig connects to HDFS and HBase but runs its MapReduce job
using the LocalJobRunner. Jobs finish successfully, but they aren't using
the YARN architecture. I have placed all the configuration files in the Pig
configuration directory, and this must be right otherwise Pig wouldn't
connect to my cluster's HDFS and HBase.

I have even put "mapreduce.framework.name=yarn" in the pig.properties file.

Any ideas to get jobs submitted to a remote Hadoop cluster to work in
distributed mode?

-Kevin