From Rohit Kelkar <rohitkel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How I can create map/reduce for a spreadsheet calculation?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 05:13:00 GMT
Sorry, I misread your second question earlier.
In your context one variable = one column from you spreadsheet. (Am I right?)
In that case, you can set job.setNumReduceTasks(N) where N: number of
columns in your spreadsheet.
Note that if you go to http://<hadoop master's ip
address>:50030/jobtracker.jsp and look at the cluster summary. You
will notice a number for the "reduce task capacity". This is the max
number of reducers that would run concurrently on your cluster. No
matter what value of N you specify, you will be limited by the above
"reduce task capacity".

- Rohit Kelkar