From kasi subrahmanyam <kasisubbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unable to set the heap size on Amazon elastic mapreduce
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 16:42:47 GMT
Hi Shirsh,

You need to increase the heap size of the JVM for the changes you made for
mapred.child to take effect
These changes need to be made in the files of the hadoop configuration
folder.

In hadoop-env.sh increase the heap size to may be 2000.(I think this
property by default will be commented.)
Then in the mapred-default.xml change( in the src folder) overwrite the
other properties like mapred.map.child.java.opts.

I hope this helps.