From Piyush Kansal <piyush.kan...@gmail.com>
Subject v0.20.203: How to stop creation of part-r-XXXXX files by reducer
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 05:51:56 GMT
Hi Friends,

In the reducer, I am dumping all the data to my customize set of files
(using File I/O APIs) and thus not using the regular "context.write()". I
am also creating filenames for these files at run time. This functionality
is working fine.

But, I am also getting "0 byte" part-r-XXXXX files in the o/p folder. I
dont want these files since I am already creating my own set of files.

So, can you please suggest how to turn off the creation of part-r-XXXXX
files.

--
Regards,
Piyush Kansal