From Ravi teja ch n v <raviteja.c...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Calling one MR job within another MR job
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:05:03 GMT
Hi Stuti,

If you are looking for MRjob2 to run after MRjob1, ie the job dependency,

you can use JobControl API, where you can manage the dependencies.

Calling another Job from a Mapper is not a good idea.

Thanks,

Ravi Teja

________________________________
From: Stuti Awasthi [stutiawasthi@hcl.com]
Sent: 04 April 2012 16:04:19
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Calling one MR job within another MR job

Hi all,

We have a usecase in which I start with first MR1 job with input file as File1.txt, and from
this job, call another MR2 job with input as File2.txt
So :
MRjob1{
Map(){
MRJob2(File2.txt)
}
}

MRJob2{
Processing….
}

My queries are is this kind of approach is possible and how much are the implications from
the performance perspective.

Regards,
Stuti Awasthi
HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd