From "Marc Sturm" <mas9...@nyp.org>
Subject mapreduce line separator question
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:01:10 GMT
Hi,
I am new to Mapreduce and I have a short question: is it possible for a MapReduce job to split
the lines of a file with \n and ignore \r? Basically, in the use case I am looking into, the
\r has to be included when reading a line.
I am just "playing" with mapreduce with a standalone hadoop, not using hdfs, and I am looking
into writing my own LineReader but I am afraid it is much more complicated than this. I can
also update each line and replace the \r with a \t, but I rather leave the file and data as
is.
Any insight and/or link to the correct documentation will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Marc

contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error or are
mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.