From Grzegorz Gunia <sawt...@student.agh.edu.pl>
Subject CompressionCodec in MapReduce
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 07:55:59 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to apply a custom CompressionCodec to work with MapReduce
jobs, but I haven't found a way to inject it during the reading of input
data, or during the write of the job results.
Am I missing something, or is there no support for compressed files in
the filesystem?

I am well aware of how to set it up to work during the intermitent
phases of the MapReduce operation, but I just can't find a way to apply
it BEFORE the job takes place...
Is there any other way except simply uncompressing the files I need
prior to scheduling a job?

Huge thanks for any help you can give me!
--
Greg