From Devaraj k <devara...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Accessing local filesystem with org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:25:27 GMT
Please try like this to access the local file system.

FileSystem fileSystem = FileSystem.getLocal(conf);
FSDataInputStream i = fileSystem.open(p);

Thanks
Devaraj
From: ashwanth.kumar@gmail.com [ashwanth.kumar@gmail.com] on behalf of Ashwanth Kumar [ashwanthkumar@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 5:46 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Accessing local filesystem with org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem

Did you try adding file:// in front of the path?

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM, Pedro Costa <psdc1978@gmail.com<mailto:psdc1978@gmail.com>>
wrote:
 I'm trying to open a local file with the FileSystem class.

FileSystem rfs = FileSystem.get(conf);
FSDataInputStream i = srcFs.open(p);

but I get file not found. The path is correct, but I think that my class is accessing hdfs,
instead of my local filesystem. Can I use the FileSystem to access local filesystem?

--
Best regards,

--

Ashwanth Kumar / ashwanthkumar.in<http://ashwanthkumar.in/>