From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Possible to poll JobTracker for information from any language?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:32:04 GMT
Ryan, Please don't cross post.

On the 1.0 line I do not know of any way to get this information out for any language but
java.  And even then it is simplest to use the hadoop client libraries because the protocol
has changed a lot from say 1.0 to 2.0 it is completely different.  However if you want to
move to 2.0 a number of RESTful web service APIs have been added in that should allow you
to pull out the information that you care about.

--Bobby Evans