From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Query regarding Hadoop version 0.20.203
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:36:19 GMT
Piyush,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Piyush Kansal <piyush.kansal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Since MultipleOutputs is not supported in version 0.20.203, so while using

Lets be clear here and avoid confusion for others. MultipleOutputs is
present in 0.20.203's stable API and is perfectly supported. You are
using the new, unstable API which did not have MultipleOutputs
backported from trunk in it, until Apache Hadoop 1.0.1.

> So, can you please suggest if there can be an alternative way to implement
> this functionality so as to get it done in minimum time.

Options are:
1. Upgrade to a higher version that does have your required library.
2. Follow http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#Can_I_write_create.2BAC8-write-to_hdfs_files_directly_from_map.2BAC8-reduce_tasks.3F
carefully to write your own "multiple outputs" version.

I'd do (1) cause its supported by the framework instead of having to
reinvent the wheel - and I'd only gain more goodness by updating :)

--
Harsh J