From WangRamon <ramon_w...@hotmail.com>
Subject Fair Share Scheduler not worked as expected
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 01:19:50 GMT

Hi All  I noticed there is something strange in my Fair Share Scheduler monitor GUI, the SUMof
the Faire Share Value is always about 30 even there is only one M/R Job is running, so I don't
know whether the value is about the usage percentage, if it was the percentage, that explains
why all my jobs cannot use all the slots configured, here is my configuration file: <allocations>
        <pool name="search">
                <minMaps>42</minMaps>
                <minReduces>42</minReduces>
                <weight>1.0</weight>
        </pool>        <userMaxJobsDefault>100</userMaxJobsDefault></allocations>
 I have 42 map slots and 42 reduce slots, i want the search pool (search is the hadoop user,
it's the only one user) to use all my configured resource, but it seems all the jobs can only
use 30% of my configured resource, not sure did i miss something, thanks for your help.  Cheers
Ramon