From bejoy.had...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Tracking Job completion times
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:46:26 GMT
Hi Bharath
        You could be getting detailed metrics on a per job basis from the jobtracker web UI

http://<NameNodeHost>:50030/jobtracker.jsp

If you drill down you can get still further details on task levels .

Regards
Bejoy K S

>From handheld, Please excuse typos.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bharath Ravi <bharathravi1@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 17:39:01
To: <mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Tracking Job completion times

Hi all,

I'd like to log and monitor average job completion times on hadoop.
(For example, wall time from the perspective of the JobTracker)
What might be the best way to do this?

I see a lot of metrics exported through the metrics2 interface:
are job completion times part of this? Is there documentation I could read
to understand the exported jobtracker/tasktracker metrics?

Thanks a lot!
--
Bharath Ravi