From George Datskos <george.dats...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: Best practices configuring libraries on the backend.
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 02:06:45 GMT
Dmitriy,

To deal with different servers having various shared libraries in
different locations, you can simply make sure the _TaskTracker_'s
-Djava.library.path is set correctly on each server.  That library path
should be passed along to each child (M/R) task.  (in *addition* to the
{mapred.child.java.opts} that you specify on the client-side
configuration options)

One caveat: on the client-side, don't include "-Djava.library.path" or
that path will be passed along to all of the child tasks, overriding
site-specific one you set on the TaskTracker.

George